- Customers can sign their rental contracts online
- Rental contract terms & conditions can be customized with the text you want, as well as variables for inserting your company info or customer info
- You can also choose to instead manually have the customer sign the contract offline and store hard copies
- Rental contracts can be attached to order emails as PDFs
- Admin can download rental contract PDFs from the admin side
Features Archive - Rental Software & Online Booking System
There are a few ways you can collect payment from your vendors.
1) Commissions on sales (Vendor Credit): When customer place orders, you will collect the payment using whatever payment method you have enabled in Magento (paypal, credit card, etc.). Then the system will calculate how much you owe your vendors after commission is removed. This method has more liability since the customers are paying you instead of the vendor.
2) Vendor Billing (Available In Pro): This way has less liability. You will enable a payment method that says “Vendor will provide payment instructions” (this is what customers will on checkout for payment method). Now all sales for a vendor will record how much commision they owe you, and the vendor can pay you and it is logged in their vendor admin panel. If you enable this method, you can’t enable method “commissions on sales” (also called vendor credit).
3) Pay for membership – (Recommended Method). Instead of doing anything about tracking commissions on sales, you instead charge your vendors for a membership to upload X number of products to your multi-vendor website. Simple and easy – and less hassles of managing payments from or to vendors.
- Vendor home page – each vendor has his own homepage to display his store information and products
- Banner manager – vendors can upload banners to place on their static pages or static blocks
- Vendor categories – allows vendors to add their own categories
- Reviews / ratings – allows customers to leave reviews for vendors after they buy / rent a product from their store
- Messages – vendors will be able to receive messages from customers to ask questions about products and services
- UPS shipping – allows UPS shipping cost calculated from the vendor address
- Multiple flat rate shipping – vendors can add their own flatrate shipping methods
- Vendor live chat – vendors can chat with their customers
- Pro templates: Please see our pro template FAQ
- Vendors can sign up from your website and you can approve them
- All vendor data can be edited by admins
- Vendors can be edited / deleted / added from admin
- Vendors can be put into groups
- Flexible commissions / fees charged to vendors. For example you can charge your vendors a 5% fee for orders + $2 flat fee, or any combination of rules
- Manage vendor payouts and transactions
- Manage vendor attributes (what data is collected about them when they sign up)
- You can configure it so that all vendor products need to be approved to be listed on your site (or auto-approve)
- Advanced groups – allows setting limitations for vendor groups. For example Gold group can add only 20 products and is not allowed to customize his pages
- Vendor Order Management – vendors can login and view their orders. They can also view order invoices, credit memos, and shipments (optional)
- Vendor Product Management – your vendors can login to their admin panel and add rental or for sale products (you can choose to limit to only rentals)
- Dashboard – the vendor dashboard lists the latest sales and statistics
- Inventory report – your vendors can view an inventory report of all their rental inventory on a calendar
- Vendor membership – Allow different membership packages with fees and benefits. After paying the membership fee the vendor will be auto-assigned to a vendor group (each vendor group can have its own permissions – like ability to only upload 20 products). They will be reminded when their membership is close to renewal and can renew it.
- Credits and transactions – vendors can view their sales & transactions and see how much their payout will be (if you choose to collect payment and then pay your vendors)
Note: Currently this feature is only available in the Magento 1.9 version, it is under development for Magento 2.1
There is an admin report showing late fees from which there is a button that can be pressed to generate a late fee order:
There is also an extend order feature that can be disabled or enabled allowing the customer or the admin to extend a rental order.
There is a separate button and report to manually edit the rental dates for an order without changing the order price. This can be handy since many times clients will change their mind on what dates they want for the rental.
You can also use this page to manually reserve inventory that you don’t want tied to any particular order. This can be useful if you are going to maintain inventory, rent it without using your website but you still want to properly track inventory, or sub-rent.
Our rental booking system is 100% open source PHP, Jquery, and MySQL code. This means you can edit or view the code in any text editor. It also means your programmer is free to customize it to suit your needs.