How To Set Store Language #
Magento has most language packs pre-installed like German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Spanish, etc.
1) Go to admin > system > general and change your store scope to the store view you want to show your language for.
Tip: If trying to have a English store and some other language, first under system > manage stores add a new store view for each language. Your main store view would be called English, then add one for each language.
2) Set under system > config > general > locale the language, make sure you have the proper store view configured from the top left drop down.
If Your Language Is Not Pre-Installed #
1) Go here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/customer-experience/internationalization-localization.html you can install the language via Magento Connect. Another option is to get the Connect Key and copy/paste it here: http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php then you can untar/unzip it and upload it via FTP.
2) Go to system > config > general > locale and set the language.
For the remaining text used in our rental module: #
5) Copy app/locale/en_US/ITwebexperts_Payperrentals.csv to your language folder (like de_DE for German) and do the translations.
6) Datepicker languages are at js/itwebexperts_payperrentals/datepick/locale if yours is not there already, it can be added from https://github.com/jquery/jquery-ui/tree/master/ui/i18n
Date Picker Localization #
We have pre-installed most of the common languages to the date picker, and it will automatically use the language set for your store. These are stored in js/itwebexperts_payperrentals/datepick/locale the code that automatically sets the date picker language is in app/design/frontend/base/default/template/payperrentals/calendar/js_initialisations.phtml line 37
echo Mage::getBaseUrl(Mage_Core_Model_Store::URL_TYPE_JS) . ‘itwebexperts_payperrentals/datepick/locale/jquery.datepick-‘. $_langCode;?>.js”>
If you need to download another date picker language you can go to http://keith-wood.name/datepick.html and the localisation tab and show all button under localisations.